Suggestions which may improve the format of this prize for future years are invited from members.
Any member of the BES (who is not on the Specialist List for Endodontics) working full or part time in General Dental Practice.
Candidates should not be on an accredited training programme undertaking specialist training in endodontics.
- A minimum of three fully documented reports detailing treatment of endodontic cases or endodontic-related problems successfully overcome.
- if submitting case reports the following should be included:
- 1. Description of the cases presented and diagnostic procedures with justification of the treatment plan.
- 2. Documentation of the treatment provided and materials used etc.
- 3. Evaluation of the success of the treatment
- 4. Evidence-based decision making.
- 5. Please include any supporting material such as radiographs and clinical photographs.
- Development of an original technique or item or equipment suitable for use in endodontic treatment. The entry should have a format suitable for possible publication in the International Endodontic Journal.
- The entry must be written in English and must be typed in double spacing. Entries will need to be suitable for electronic submission.
Award of the prize
The winner shall receive a prize of £1000. If an exceptionally high standard of entries is received, a runner up prize of either one year’s BES membership or an endodontic textbook of equivalent value may be awarded. Entries will be judged on content,style and presentation. The Council of the BES appoints the judges, whose decision will be final. Feedback will not be provided to individuals.
The prize will be awarded by the Council of the BES on recommendation of the judges. The Council reserves the right to withhold the prize if the standard of the entries is not of sufficient merit. Presentation of the prize will take place at the BES Regional Meeting, and will include the registration fee of the winner. The winner must permit the publication of their photographs for the purpose of promoting the British Endodontic Society.
23.59 hrs on 30th June each year. However due to the issues caused by Covid-19, this has been extended to 30th September.
Please send your entries to:
Chief Operations Officer